This week we will be honoring Dr. Seuss with some fun reading and activities with several of his classic books. We also have some dress up days as well. Please see the schedule sheet sent home before the break.
Today, we had an awesome STEM Speaker from Brookstone Animal Hospital. She had a lot of interesting information to teach us. On Friday, we will do a special STEM Project in class as part of a STEM Tour. It will relate to our Dr. Seuss Week.
Don’t forget that the Six Flags Reading Incentive Program Sheet/ Reading Log to receive a free Six Flags Ticket is due Wednesday, February 27th.
Here’s to a great and fun-learning week!
- Dr. Seuss Dress-up Week- February 25- March 1
- STEM Speaker Visit (Veterinarian)- Tuesday, February 26
- Due Date for Six Flags Reading Logs: February 27
- PTSA Bingo Night- March 8 (6:30-8:00)
- Scholastic Book Fair- March 11-15
- Early Release Day- March 13 (dismissal at 12:30)
- Zoo Atlanta Field Trip- March 27
This Week in First Grade:
- ELA: phonics, story elements (characters, setting, etc.), contractions, past/present/future tense verbs, ABC Order
- Math: making a ten by decomposing, word problems (first number unknown, second number unknown, addition/subtraction), data
- Social Studies: animal characteristics, classification, diet, habitat, and fun facts
- Science: STEM project (Friday)
We have our normal nightly homework packet due Friday, our Mad Minute Math Quiz on Thursday and our Spelling Test on Friday.
*Don’t forget to read nightly and record on the Reading Log and to initial your child’s Bragging Behavior Sheet in the Blue Folder.
Dr. Seuss Week (February 25th-March 1st):
Monday: “Fox in Socks” Wear silly or mismatched socks!
Tuesday: “Green Eggs and Ham”-Wear the color GREEN!
Wednesday: “Wacky Wednesday” Let’s get silly! Wear your silliest hairdo!
Thursday: “The Cat in the Hat” Wear your favorite hat!
Friday: “Sleep Book” Wear pajamas or other comfy clothes!