I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The time off was wonderful and much needed, but the kids certainly were excited about seeing each other upon their return. It sounds like everyone ate well, played well, and had a lot of fun with family and friends! I loved hearing about their week off!
Just a reminder that our holiday Scholastic Order is currently in the works! Before the break, I sent home information about Scholastic Book Ordering. This was a paper booklet with the order information on a green half page paper. If you are interested in ordering any books, be sure to order online using our class code at scholastic.com/newparent! Books ship FREE and every order earns books for our class!
I have always given my own kids books for Christmas and I started this when they were little. These are some great books and really good prices. Many are fun, seasonal books that will be great for the holidays!
Mrs. McMath’s Class Code: V67RM
Please note: We will only do online orders.
Deadline to order is 12/7/18
Square One Art
Thank you for your support of Square One Art at Ford Elementary! Orders are due TOMORROW, on November 27th, 2018.
Questions? Please feel free to email Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for your support!
Save the Date!
Our 8th Annual Jingle Jog is Saturday, December 1st.
Register at https://www.active.com/
Have a wonderful week!
- *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
- *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
- Study for Mad Minute Math Quiz on Thursday. (Do not return practice sheet, it is just for your practice at home.)
- Study for Spelling Test on Friday.
- Homework Packet due on Friday.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Saturday, December 1st: Ford Jingle Jog
- Friday, December 7th: Giving Tree Ends
- Friday, December 14th: Gift Exchange Puzzle Due (Letter will be coming home)
- Tuesday, December 18th: Holiday Party 10-11am (Parents are welcome)
- Thursday, December 20th and Friday, December 21st: Early Release 12:30pm
- December 24th-January 4th: Holiday Break
- Math: Word Problems (numbers 0-20) solving for the unknown answer-addition and subtraction
- Phonics: review of long e and long a patterns, ou/ow sound, -er words and compound words
- Writing: journal and Santa Letters
- Social Studies integrated into Language Arts: Who was Thomas Jefferson and why was he important to American history?
- Daily 5: Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, and Listen to Reading
- Spelling: a, you, in, went, two, yellow, pet, get, five, and be