What a great first week! I truly enjoyed getting to know your precious children this past week and can’t wait to learn even more about them!
This week, I will begin applying first grade concepts while reviewing concepts of mastery from kindergarten. This is very standard at the beginning of the year. I also will be informally assessing the students over the next few weeks to see where the students are with their reading comprehension and fluency, their writing, and their math skills. I am seeing some amazing work from my first graders already and cannot wait to see how far they will learn and grow this year!
I hope to see you this Tuesday night at our informational Open House. This is a parent-only meeting and it will give you a better idea about what first grade will be like for your child this year!
Have a terrific week and take care!
*Don’t forget to decorate the Blue Communication Cover Sheet. J
- *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
- *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
Tuesday, August 8th: Ford Open House (6-8pm)
Friday, August 11th: Ford BINGO Night-There are two sessions to accommodate parents who have children in different grade levels. (6:00-8pm)
Wednesday, August 16th: Fall Picture Day
Monday, August 21st: Solar Eclipse Extended Day (3pm Dismissal)
Wednesday, August 30th: Early Release (12:30pm Dismissal)
- Phonics: h, p, n, c (hard c as in camera), and d sounds
- Reading: Author: Kevin Henkes’ Books: Owen, Jessica, Julius, Baby of the World, and Chester’s Way
- Lang. Arts: sentence writing, comprehension skills, comparing texts, and text-to-text connections
- Daily 5: Introducing Read to Self and building stamina when we read
- Writing: Journal writing and Narrative Writing
- Math: Chapter 1: Addition Concepts: writing addition sentences, and adding with a zero addend
- STEM: Weather Journal