Now that it’s April, we are in full swing of training for 2nd grade! We will be busy, busy, busy this month! The kids are ready though. Before Spring Break, I was seeing so much growth in them. Their writing over the last month was tremendous! I couldn’t be more proud!
This week we will be incorporating some awesome Easter Bunny Books into our language arts, reading, and our writing. I love seasonal stories and activities, so this will be a blast for all of us!
Keep up all the great reading at home this week! Their comprehension and fluency continues to soar! I am also pleased as can be with all the great grades on previous spelling tests and Mad Minute Math Quizzes! I’ve never had a class have so many kids so far along on the Mad Minute subtraction! They are rocking this!
As always, thanks for all you do! Here’s to a fabulous first week back!
- *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
- Homework Packet due on Friday.
- Study for Mad Minute Math Quiz on Thursday.
- Study for Spelling Test on Friday.
- *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
- Friday, Apr 14th: Crazy hat or hair for $1 (Ford Foundation)
- Friday, April21st: Wear red/white/blue for Military Day
- Tuesday,May 2nd: Evening in the Garden 5:30-7:30
- Wednesday, May 3rd: West Cobb Library Visit (Summer Reading Program)
- Monday, May 8th: Performing Arts Program
- Tuesday, May 9th: Field Day – 1st Grade
- Friday, May 19th: Economics Day 8:00-10:30
- Tuesday, May 23rd-Wednesday, May 24th: Early Release Days
*Wednesday, May 24th: Last Day of School and 1st Grade
Phonics: aw/au, -y endings, /er/ spelled er, ir, & ur, oi/oy, -est endings, consonant digraphs, ar, and words with 3-4 syllables
Math: Geometry-composite shapes and recognizing 2-D shapes and equal shares
Writing: Journal writing and seasonal writing-Easter Bunny Assistant Application and Bunny Tales and Story Mapping
Reading: Easter Bunny Books: The Best Easter Eggs Ever, Arthur’s Jelly Beans, The Story of the Easter Bunny, The Last One in is a Rotten Egg! , and The Easter Egg
Language Arts: ABC order, antonyms, verbs, and scrambled sentences (capitalization and punctuation)