This week we will be really integrating more of the Daily 5 Work Stations. It’s very exciting to see how eager they are to get their Book Tubs and get started. We do a lot of self-reflecting on what we feel that we are doing well and what we think we need to do better. This is such an important part because it helps them to hear that everybody has strengths and everybody has areas to improve.
Your kiddos have amazed me with how well they are grasping our recent math skills. We have talked so much about addition and subtraction sentences. They are so good about using key math vocabulary, showing their work, and their actual computation. As a group, they love math!
This is a very special group of kids and I have loved our 1st month together! It's hard to believe that we have been in school together for a month. I really am enjoying this class so much! I miss them on the weekends and I look forward to seeing them each morning. They truly make my days very special!
Have a great week and a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
- *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
- *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
- Wednesday, August 30th: Early Release (12:30pm Dismissal)
- Friday, September 1: Ford Foundation Friday, $1.00 Donation, Spirit Wear College/NFL
- Monday, September 4th: Labor Day (No school)
- Thursday, September 14th: 1st Mad Minute Math Quiz *information coming home on Tuesday, September 5th.
- Saturday, September 16th: Green Apple Day of Service- Volunteer to be an integral part of maintaining Ford Elementary School's numerous outdoor classrooms, vegetable and habitat gardens, and trails. Saturday, September 16, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Monday, September 25th-Friday, September 29th: Fall Break
- Math: Ch. 5: Place Value: Identifying #11-19, making groups of tens and ones, writing numbers 0-120, and using dimes to count by tens
- Phonics: plurals with x, ar, /k/ sound spelled-ck, short u and z
- Daily 5: Read to Self , Read to Someone (practice building stamina of independent reading up to 20 minutes), introduce Word Work, Work on Writing, and Listen to Reading
- Writing: Journal writing and Writer’s Workshop focusing on Personal Narrative Writing
- Reading: The Earth & I: comprehension and vocabulary
- Lang. Arts: contractions and main idea
- STEM: Weather Journal: Weather chart & hurricanes and tornadoes
- Social Studies: Global Address (planet, continent, country, state, county, city, street)