This week we will be writing and reflecting on ALL that we have to be thankful for. We are so blessed and it’s good for the kids to take some time to reflect on what they are thankful for and why they are thankful for these things.
We will also be taking our first Spelling Test this week. Be sure to review prior to the night before. I showed them the Spelling City website today and where to find it on the classroom blog. We also had an opportunity to play some of the learning games on it in the computer lab. This is a great way to study and practice these words each week. This week it is actually one of the choices on the homework packet.
Please make sure to try to get in 4-5 nights of reading each week. Remember RAZ Kids is a great way to get in that reading time on those busy school nights. Reading is reading whether it be an actual book, a program like RAZ Kids, or even books on a tablet/iPad. I just want the kids to practice their decoding skills that we work on in phonics, their fluency, and their comprehension. I want your children to be successful readers not just for now, but for their lifetime. Adults that love reading generally began this love as children. So, it starts now.
Thanks for all the continued great work on studying for Mad Minute Math Quizzes and completion of their Weekly Homework Packets. They are doing a fabulous job with both!
Have a wonderful week!
1. *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
2. *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
3. Study for Mad Minute Math Quiz on Thursday.
(Do not return practice sheet, it is just for your practice at home.)
4. Homework Packet due on Friday.
*To be kept in Blue Communication Folder!
- Week of November 6th: Spelling Homework begins. Check out spellingcity.com which is on my blog for fun, innovative ways to practice each week's words. Spelling Tests will be on Fridays.
- Tuesday, November 7th: Teacher Workday and Student Holiday
- Thursday, November 9th: STEM Night at Ford (6:00-7:30pm) and The Ford Giving Tree begins
- Tuesday, November 14th-Thursday, November 16th: Thanksgiving Feasts during lunchtime
- (Our time is 10:45-11:30am.)
- November 20th-24th: Thanksgiving Holidays
- Thursday, November 23rd: Happy Thanksgiving!
- Math: Determining whether math equations are true or false
- Phonics: /ng/ sound as in the words gong and rang, reading previous phonics words in context of sentences, and blends with long vowels
- Writing: journal, writer’s workshop-informational writing, and Thankful Writing
- Social Studies integrated into Language Arts: Who was Benjamin Franklin and why was he important to American history?
- Daily 5: Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, and Listen to Reading
- STEM: Magnets and Sounds Journal
- Spelling: of, the, and, many, she, see, boy, very, good, and boy
- *Bonus words: November, harvest, and leaves