Can you believe that tomorrow is Halloween and Wednesday we begin the month of November? It’s just crazy! I love this time of year! I look forward to this month and next! Great times in First Grade!
Last week, I sent home with your child a big, brown, bag with handles for our Ford ES Annual Can Food Drive. This is a great opportunity to teach our children about giving to those in need. Children love helping others and the holiday season (that will be here before we know it), is the perfect time to demonstrate what a blessing it can be to give to others. All the information was on the attached paper on the bags. There will be collection bins for the bags as they come in.
The Ford Family and Friends Thanksgiving Feast Form to reserve your lunch meals should be in your child’s Blue Folder. If you think that you might be coming, please RSVP via this form ASAP. Try to get this form back by the due date-Tuesday, November 7th. It really helps our Cafeteria Manager, Kristie Remeta know how many to plan for serving on the three days of the feasts. The children love having you eat with them during these days. If grandparents are in town or other relatives, then they are also more than welcome to join us. Please note the time for our Feast Day is not our normal lunch time. Plan on arriving 10 minutes prior to our time. You may keep the top half of the form and need only return the bottom half with your child. All the info is on the form including our grade level’s time and other grade levels and their dates and times. Hope to see you there.
Keep in mind that this Friday, November 3rd is Ford Bingo Night from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Relay for Life will be offering $15 pizza meal deals. Meals MUST be preordered no later than Thursday, Nov. 2nd.. This is a FUN time to hang out with your family and visit with other Ford Families. Hope to see you there!
Also, on Thursday, November 9th, we have STEM Night at Ford. This is another fun night for your kiddos. There are so many hands-on, fun science activities for your children to enjoy. This is from 6-8pm that night.
Such a busy, fun-filled month here at Ford! Lots to do and see with your family this month! Hope that you can be a part of some of these events!
Have a wonderful week!
1. *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
2. *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
3. Study for Mad Minute Math Quiz on Thursday. (Do not return practice sheet, it is just for your practice at home.)
4. Homework Packet due on Friday.
*To be kept in Blue Communication Folder!
Monday, October 30th: Big Head Fundraiser Campaign ends
Monday, October 30th: Ford Canned Food Drive begins
Tuesday, October 31st: Happy Halloween! Ford Foundation- dress up in Halloween Costume. There is a $2 donation. Please no scary costumes or props/accessories-keep it kid friendly. This is per administration request.
Friday, November 3rd: Ford Family BINGO Night (6:00-7:30pm)
Week of November 6th: Spelling Homework begins. Check out spellingcity.com which is on
my blog for fun, innovative ways to practice each week's words. Spelling Tests will be on
Tuesday, November 7th: Teacher Workday and Student Holiday
Thursday, November 9th: STEM Night at Ford (6:00-7:30pm) and The Ford Giving Tree
Tuesday, November 14th-Thursday, November 16th: Thanksgiving Feasts during lunchtime
*Our time is 10:45-11:30am.
· Math: Chapter 4: Addition Strategies: Fact families (related addition and subtraction facts)
· Phonics: plurals of words ending in-y and long I spelled –igh, -ie, and –y
· Writing: journal and writer’s workshop-informational writing on Bats
· Reading: Halloween Themed Books (Monday and Tuesday)- Creepy Carrots, I Like
Pumpkins, Who Will Haunt My House for Halloween, and The Teeny, Tiny Ghost
· Science integrated into Language Arts: Magnet Books and Magnet Missions
· Language Arts: ABC order and sentence structure (telling sentences and asking sentences)
· Daily 5: Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, and Listen to
· STEM: Magnets and Sounds Journal