I am hoping that you all had a nice Labor Day Weekend. Just having that extra day off was really nice.
After lots of practice and building stamina in reading, the plan is to begin all aspects of the Daily 5 Work Stations (centers) later this week. The kids are doing so well!
Please continue to read nightly for fluency and comprehension. Also, just a reminder that by the 1st report card, your child needs to have mastery of 75/200 Sight Words. I already have several who have the first 100 mastered. This will greatly help their reading skills. In time, these words will become their spelling words as well.
We begin written homework next week! I know that they will do a great job with this. They are actually excited about starting Homework! That always makes me giggle! I do love that enthusiasm!
Have a great week!
- *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
- *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
- Monday, September 4th: Labor Day (No school)
- Wednesday, September 6th-Friday, September 8th: CogAT Testing
- Friday, September 8th: "My World" Quiz over our continent, our country, our state, our county, and our city
- Monday, September 11th: Homework begins
- Thursday, September 14th: 1st Mad Minute Math Quiz
- Thursday, September 14th: National Anthem Day: Wear your red, white, and blue to show your patriotism.
- Saturday, September 16th: Green Apple Day of Service Volunteer to be an integral part of maintaining Ford Elementary School's numerous outdoor classrooms, vegetable and habitat gardens, and trails. Saturday, September 16, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Monday, September 25th-Friday, September 29th: Fall Break
- Math: Ch. 5: Place Value: Identifying two-digit numbers 10-120 and grouping tens and ones
- Phonics: double ending consonants (ff, ss, and zz)
- Daily 5: Read to Self , Read to Someone (practice building stamina of independent reading up to 20 minutes), introduce Word Work, Work on Writing, and Listen to Reading
- Writing: Journal writing and Writer’s Workshop focusing on Personal Narrative Writing
- Reading & Social Studies Integration: Me on a Map
Cobb as our county, and Acworth as the city in which our school is located
- STEM: Weather Journal and Chart