I want to thank Mrs. Maisano for the AWESOME looking class Golf Basket! It looked amazing at the Silent Auction Basket Table at the Fall Festival! I happened to be there right when the auction ended and there was a very happy dad who was the highest bidder and won our basket!
Speaking of the Fall Festival, it was so good to see so many of you at the Fall Festival. I love this family event at Ford. Our PTSA puts a lot of heart, sweat, and energy into making this night such a wonderful event. I love getting to see my class kiddos and their families that I hear so much about day in and day out. It’s so cute when they see their friends and get all excited about that too. I also love catching up with former students and their families. To me, the Fall Festival is always a big sign that we are bringing in the fall season which is one of my favorite times of the year. If you were unable to come this year, you really must make plans for next year.
As you know, this week is Conference Week. I am so excited about sharing with you about your child. Each one of my kiddos has shown growth since the beginning of the year which in all honesty seems not that long ago. You will receive your child’s 1st Nine Week Report Card at this time too. I want to thank you in advance for coming to your child’s conference. As a mom myself, I know it takes a lot of juggling schedules to attend. So, that being said, I appreciate this a lot. You are going to be so proud of your first grader!
We will be on a shorter schedule due to early release this week. Our lunch all week will be from 10:24-10:54am. Lunch is like brunch all week, so you can expect them to be hungry when they come home around 12:35ish. We will have specials at 11:20-11:55am. Dismissal time will begin at 12:15pm. Please make sure to note that we will not have clubs during conference week. ASP will be running as usual.
Do make sure that if your child’s afternoon plans are different this week due to an earlier dismissal, please let me know by a written note. Also, be sure to remind your child in the morning. Conference Week throws little ones off of their normal schedule and they get easily confused about how they are getting home. With a note that we can post near the doorway, I can remind them of any changes this week. This includes if they are riding home with a student on a different bus. Bus notes have to be taken to the office by the student and signed off by Dr. Frost. Without that bus note, they are not allowed to ride that other student’s bus.
We will not be going to the Learning Commons/Media Center for book check out this week due to the Scholastic Book Fair this week. We previewed the book fair on Friday of this past week. There are lots of great books available for purchase. The kids can go before school if they have money to buy as well as when they have their conference this week. Keep in mind that books make great Christmas Presents. I have always made this a part of my own kids’ gifts. There are books for all ages too. The Scholastic Book Fair runs through this Friday.
Stop by on your way out from your child’s conference.
This Friday, we will have a Pep Rally to kick off our annual Big Head Fundraiser Campaign. The money raised from this one-time-a-year fundraiser goes 100% back to our school. Information will be given to you at your child’s conference. This fundraiser runs from October 23-27th.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and again I look forward to meeting with you this week during your conference time. I am so proud of my school babies and I thoroughly enjoy my time with them each day. Watching them grow and become successful learners is incredibly rewarding. I am blessed more than you know each day by these precious children.
Thanks again for all you do at home to support and encourage your little ones!
- *Read 15 minutes nightly and record on Reading Log.
- *Get Bragging Behavior Sheet signed daily.
- Study for Mad Minute Math Quiz on Thursday. (Do not return practice sheet, it is just for your practice at home.)
- Homework Packet due on Friday.
- Monday, October 16th: Storybook Character Pumpkin Book Report due
- Week of October 16th-20th: Conference Week (dismissal 12:15pm) and Scholastic Book Fair
- Friday, October 20th: Pep Rally for the Big Head Fundraiser Campaign (8am in the gym for grades K-2)
- Monday, October 23-30th: Big Head Fundraiser Campaign
- Monday, October 23rd: Ford Canned Food Drive begins
- Tuesday, October 31st: Happy Halloween! Ford Foundation- dress up in Halloween Costume for $2 donation
- Friday, November 3rd: Ford Family BINGO Night (6:00-7:30pm)
- Math: Solving for an unknown number/Missing Addends
- Phonics: long o spelled o and o-consonant-e, /s/ sound spelled ce and ci, /z/ sound spelled s, v sound, and long u spelled u and u-consonant-e
- Writing: journal and writer’s workshop-begin learning about informational writing
- Language Arts: introduce ABC order
- Daily 5: Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, and Listen to Reading
- STEM: Magnets and Sounds Journal